Earlier, Rosalie spoke with Jasper and questioned him about what really happened. He revealed he felt like he had no place in the family which angered Rosalie and led to her wanting to talk to Carlisle.

Edward and Esme discussed how upset she is over the fact that things seem to be so out of tune with the family. She does not blame Carlisle as he was right to be angry, but his absence, and indifference to her have saddened her. She feels Jasper is much stronger than he gives himself credit for. Edward agreed that Jasper's power was definitely influencing how Carlisle was reacting, and spoke of how his mind was focused on nothing but the love he holds for his family.

Later that day, Rose approached Carlisle as he was walking home from work.................

Carlisle - *scoops grain and fills the horse buckets one by one*

Carlisle - *pats Yataz's nose and breaks up a bale of hay*

Rosalie - *follows behind my arms crossed over my chest* How can you be so calm? This family is a complete mess right now and you're feeding the horses?!?

Carlisle - Horses need to eat, Rosalie. It doesn't look like they've been tended to in a few days *gestures to the un-mucked stalls*

Carlisle - *grabs a rake and starts cleaning* what is it that you wish to speak to me about?

Rosalie - *growls under my breath* Maybe because our family has been on the rocks whilst you've been playing the ignorance is bliss card Carlisle? Doing this is hiding....being a coward...

Carlisle - Hmm *continues mucking the stalls* A coward? *chuckles and shakes my head* Interesting

Rosalie - *my growls intensify* Yes a coward. Afraid to face realisation of where he went wrong! *Grabbing the rake and throwing it across the stables* You WILL listen to me NOW and STOP these idiotic games

Carlisle - *Stands calm, leaning against the stall*Like I said, I am all ears

Rosalie - Do you not realise what YOUR behavior has done to the family? Alice and Jasper were packed to leave the home because he felt YOU didn't want him here. Is that what a patriarch does? Make his children feel unwanted...?

Carlisle - Would you like me to fight, Rose? Is that what you want? I think there's enough friction right now in this family without you adding more. If they feel unwanted that was not my doing. It was his own guilt

Carlisle - Jasper is capable of recognising when he has done wrong. The attention to our family that he has caused is dangerous. It could have cost us everything. I don't think you realize the severity of the situation

Rosalie - His own guilt brought on by YOU, don't you see you're not blameless in this? And what you've done to upset Esme, don't you feel an ounce of guilt for that at all? YES! He may have risked exposure...but wasn't I in that situation not so long ago...

Carlisle - And didn't you own up to your responsibility? I didn't see you blaming others for your downfall

Rosalie - ...and Rochester is a hell of a lot bigger than Forks. Yet you welcomed me back, HELL, even said I was blameless! Can't you see where you're going wrong

Carlisle - I have no guilt for protecting my family. None ...... *tosses flakes of hay into the stalls*

Rosalie - So protecting them is making them feel unwanted? Because thats what Jasper said to me. He told me how blunt you were to him. He's hurt the man he saw as father does this.

Carlisle - Was I supposed to just stand there and act like everything was rainbows and lollipops as he frenzied and ripped my office to shreds?

Rosalie - No. You're not. And I didn't say that. But you have to see from his perspective, he's ashamed of what he did and to lose faith from you is like losing his last hope.

Carlisle - *sits on a bale of hay, listening to her words nodding*

Carlisle - *reaching up and patting Yataz's nose*

Rosalie - Have I stunned you to silence or are my words finally making sense? You're angry that our cover was nearly blown, yes, but its the risk we have to take. But do you care about cover more than your Son Carlisle? Think about that...

Rosalie - Maybe if you talked more to your wife you'd realise what you've done.

Carlisle - Are you quite finished, Rose?

Rosalie - I think so. I'll leave you with your thoughts and Mister Ed there. Goodbye Carlisle.

Carlisle - *nods and pretends to tip an invisible hat*

Rosalie - *picks up the rake and throws it back*

Carlisle - *moves quickly as the rake sails past my head*

Carlisle - *leans down picks up the rake and places it on the hook on the wall*

Carlisle - *watches her stomp up to the house and disappear inside*

Carlisle - *stands petting Yataz* You seem to be the only one who doesn't have 'words' for me *laughs quietly*

Carlisle - *paces the barn in deep thought making eye contact with Yataz* What do you think? *laughs* What would you do?

Carlisle - *runs my hands through my hair* Was I really so wrong?

Esme - *Walks past Rosalie as she storms up to the house, and looks in the direction she came from, hearing a familiar voice*

Carlisle - Do they NOT see the severity of the outcome had Jasper's chaos been witnessed?

Carlisle - *leans against Yataz, my head on his neck whispering* Did I lose my temper?

Esme - *Leans against the barn door, quietly listening to Carlisle*

Carlisle - .......was I in the wrong *picks up a curry brush and starts grooming* You're a mess too *looks at my muddy pants and shoes*

Carlisle - *brushes the mud off Yataz's rump, speaking softly, going over things in my head* I'd do it all over again if it meant protecting them, Yataz

Esme - *Bites my lip, hearing the tone of sadness and confusion in his voice*

Carlisle - The words I chose were simply not the right ones *realizing that I may have spoken too harsh*

Carlisle - *pats Yataz's neck, sensing Esme outside the barn*

Esme - *Places my hand on the barn, listening closer, deep desire to stand with him through this burning inside of me*

Carlisle - I hope you never have to feel like this *pats the horses neck, shaking my head* It's the worst feeling in the world when your family feels that you've turned your back on them

Carlisle - *whispers * A ride at dusk *finishes brushing the horse* to your favorite spot along the ridge. The best and most green weeds grow there *chuckles*

Esme - *Bites back the urge to sob in his presence, knowing how badly he is hurting, tears that cannot fall would do no justice, hears his words of dusk - making a mental note to follow*

Carlisle - Maybe by some miracle I may find some wisdom there *tosses the curry brush in the tack box and finishes feeding the rest of the horses*

Esme - *His voice soothing me, knowing I need to make things right for him as he is not to blame, whispers to myself* At dusk...

Esme - *Quickly walking away from teh barn before my emotions betray me, heading back up to the house, one last glance over my shoulder*

Carlisle - *slips out of the barn, not quite ready to go home, disappearing back into the woods*

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

Carlisle and I spoke at great length this evening, and I am so happy to say that he is back in my arms where he belongs. You can catch up on what happened here:

http://twitter.com/EsmeACullen_/carlisle-esme

Love Always, Esme. xx

RSS

Administrators

Your site Administrators:

Carlisle Cullen MD

Carmen Denali

- Esme Cullen

Alice Cullen

If you have any questions, or if you'd like to report a rule violation, please contact an Admin by clicking on their name and sending them an email.

Discussion Forum

Site Basics

New to the site? Please start here! Rules and important starting out information.

6 discussions

Games

Games - Just for Fun!

4 discussions

Get Involved

Itching to act or have a great idea for a storyline? Share with us here.

1 discussions

© 2024   Created by Carlisle Cullen MD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service