21 August 2010 - In Search of the Descendants of Marcus and Didyme

The long night reading through each letter, taking in every word of love, the words of fear and emotion running higher with each passing minute I finally decide the next morning to try and locate any descendants of this Marcus or Didyme who may or may not still be in Italy.

*wakes up with the sun peeking through my window, it was a long night I spent reading @marcus_volturi1's letters to Didyme*

*the love he had for her tangible in each word he wrote. I keep wondering why the were hiding the fact that they wanted to leave from @MasterAro1000BC. He was didyme's brother as far as I could conclude from @marcus_volturi1's letters*

*and the few references made to @Athenodoraitaly seemingly best friend or even sister of Didyme, very intreguing*

I have to figure out what happened to the lovers. The letters stop abruptly, unfinished almost. *i say to myself frowning*

*I jump out of bed, quickly getting ready - I have to somehow find out if there are any decendants of the family* Martin!!!

*as Martin comes running to my caravan, I quicly collect all the letters stacking them into a sealable pouch* I need to hread into Volterra.

*Martin runs off to get the car while I fix up my hair into a ponytail, I just have to find something of value, some history*

*I won't rest unless I find a family member, someone who knew the story, the past - a slight obsession I have now*

My 2 hour trip to Rome

*A two hour drive from Volterra to Rome - I'm heading to Registrar of Vital Statistics Office in the hope to find some details*

*hopefully there is some records kept of a Didyme or a Marcus, residing in Volterra - really excited to find anyting of value*

*I smiles as we pass the Emperial Arch in Rome, its always been my favorite place ever since a child*

*finally we arive at the Registrar's Office - now the task to get them to approve my visit - and to retrieve archived information*

*normally a lenghty process but for Archeologists a much easier task,especially when you know people in higher places - I take out my phone*

*Martin's dad is Romano Prodi - the Prime Minister of Italy, I know he would allow me in on special permission, since I teach his son*

*He answers* : Ciao amico mio. Ho bisogno di chiedere un favore da voi. Ho bisogno di accedere ad archivi di Nascite italiana.

*making small talk he finally asks me why I need access. Telling him of my findings - he seems familiar with Volterra*

Egli ricorda di storie tramandate di generazione in generazione, di un uomo di nome Marcus che risiedeva nel castello di Volterra

*intrigued by what Romano is telling me, I finally get the go ahead to look at the birth registrar - pleased I am able to enter the office*

*intrigued by what Romano is telling me, I finally get the go ahead to look at the birth registrar - pleased I am able to enter the office*

Finally Information that could help me find some more to go by~!

*finally able to pin point where @marcus_volturi1 and Didyme might have lived so many years ago, I grab what information I have*

*rushing back to our base, I quickly go online to see if I can find any contact details for the current owners of the Castle in Volterra*

*I pick up the phone to phone the local tourism company who advises me that the owners of the home don't speak to locals*

*they are very rarely seen exiting the grounds and the place is highly guarded - this of course spikes my interest even more*

*to impatient to wait and try to reach them, I decide to go there in person, perhaps I can draw someones attention and hopefully get in*

*arriving In Volterra, I get out of the Van, parking it at the bottom of the city before making my way up the flight of stairs*

*and through the winding cobble stoned paths - finally reaching the big gates to the castle* Now how do you get in.

*unable to gain entrance or even get anyone form within the big walls of the Castle - I consider an alternative route*

*finally nearly giving up on my attempts to reach anyone inside the Castle of Volterra, I decide to write a short letter*

*to impatient to wait and try to reach them, I decide to go there in person, perhaps I can draw someones attention and hopefully get in*

*hoping if I push it under the gates someone might see it and give it to the owner - my last and final attempt to reach anyone*

Views: 9

Administrators

Your site Administrators:

Carlisle Cullen MD

Carmen Denali

- Esme Cullen

Alice Cullen

If you have any questions, or if you'd like to report a rule violation, please contact an Admin by clicking on their name and sending them an email.

Discussion Forum

Site Basics

New to the site? Please start here! Rules and important starting out information.

6 discussions

Games

Games - Just for Fun!

4 discussions

Get Involved

Itching to act or have a great idea for a storyline? Share with us here.

1 discussions

© 2024   Created by Carlisle Cullen MD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service