Quil: -sits back up, glaring in the direction of the boat's motor- Claire, I think we may have a problem. The motor isn't working right..

Claire: *looks at the motor* we gotta fix it?

Jacob: *sits back on the couch at my house chillin’ with Bry*

Quil: -nods- We'll have to try, but I don't know too much about boat motors. I'll call Jake -smiles, trying to look confident for you. Pulls out my phone and dials Jacob's number-

Embry: *chilling with Jake at his place, watching some TV* I hope Claire and Quil made it home alright before that storm hits.

Jacob: *hears the phone ringing, getting up to answer it* Black Residence...

Claire: *smiles and sigh's looking out at the ocean*

Quil: Jake? I need your help. Do you know anything about boat motors? 'cause our boats not starting and its just making a weird clicking sound… that's not good, is it? -Looks around nervously, seeing the dark clouds coming closer-

Embry: *hearing Quil's voice on the other end of the receiver, worry building up in me*

Jacob: *listens, hearing the worry in your voice* dude if its not starting it might be your cables or connection… You near the motor?

Quil: -wedges the phone between my shoulder and head, picking Claire up and setting her on the shore- Just sit here for a little bit while i fix it -smiles- I'm right next to it yeah

Jacob: *speaking calmly* open the motor cover and look at the terminals on the starter, do they look corroded?

Claire: okay *walks over and sits on a rock leaning forward resting my chin on my hands, trying to be patient*

Quil: Nope -looking in the motor, trying to see what is going on-

Embry: *staying quiet to hear the conversation between Quil and Jake, I drink some more of my soda while they try to figure out what is wrong with the boat*

Jacob: Ok dude, look at the starter, when you crank it in the opposite direction does it move at all?

Quil: Ok dude, look at the starter, when you crank it in the opposite direction does it move at all?

Jacob: *runs my hand over the back of my neck* I think its your solenoid dude....its not gonna start... you are gonna need a new part..

Quil: -growls- Dude, there isn't a store out here! I can't get a new part. -Digs under the seat to see if they have anything, grumbling- stupid weird old man..

Claire: *starts drawing shapes in the sand with the toe of my shoe, still waiting*

Embry: *looks outside with a worried look when I notice how quiet the animals have become outside in the forest...trying to think of a solution*

Jacob: *looks over to Bry and speaks with urgency*No worries, Bry and I will come get you man...I’m sure we can borrow someone’s boat...

Embry: Hey, we could borrow the Clearwater's boat, I'm sure Sue won't mind lending it to us to go get them.

Quil: -breathes a sigh of relief, looking over at Claire and smiling, knowing that we will get back- Thanks bro, not sure what i would've done without you. You may want to hurry though, the sky’s really dark now

Jacob: *listens as Quil tells me where they are located* we got your back...Be there as soon as we can...

Embry: *scrambles over to the notepad near the phone, and writes a note to Sue, explaining the situation*

Claire: *giggles as the wind starts picking up, flapping at my pigtails*

Embry: I'm sure she won't mind us just taking it if we explain the situation.

Jacob: *sees you writing a note to Sue, giving you a nod and mouthing that your a freakin’ genius for thinkin’ of her boat*

Quil: Okay bro, ill look for you in the water

Embry: *nods back to Jake, putting the note in my back pocket, heading back to the door*

Jacob: *Hangs up the phone* I can feel that storm dude, we gotta hurry...*leaves the house with Embry, heading to the dock to borrow Sue's boat, stopping by her house first to leave the note*

Embry: Err Bro, I don't like how bad this storm is looking like.

Quil: -sticks the phone in my pocket and jumps out of the boat, pulling it all the way onto the shore so it stays still during the storm- It looks like Uncle Jake and Uncle Embry are going to have to come and get us, the boat's not starting.

Quil: -sits down in the sand, pulling you onto my lap to keep you safe- we'll be okay, they should be here soon

Claire: *smiles as I curl into your lap* It's okay. We can wait.

Jacob: *steps onto the Dock, looking up into the sky as the darkness covers us and the wind and rain begin to pelt us*

Quil: -bites my lip nervously, watching the ocean's waters as the start to get crazier-

Claire: *smiles and points out to the water* the waves are getting pretty

Embry: Looks like we won't be taking this boat out tonight. *worry getting bigger* we better get back and let him know.

Jacob: *growls lightly* Freakin’ rain!!...*picks up the pace, running quickly back to the house to call Quil*

Quil: -looks up into the sky and around us, seeing the rain- Those waves won't be pretty for too long though -jumps up and picks you up, running into the trees to find some place to hide in-

Embry: *runs back over with Jake to his place* we better call'em back fast. This looks bad.

Claire: *ducks my head away from the rain as we move*

Quil: -searching in the woods of the island, finally finding a dry overhand to hide under. Sits down setting you in my lap, putting my arms around you protectively- We'll be fine, we'll be fine!

Jacob: Good idea bro....*stands, feet planted firmly, running my hand over my forehead as you dial*

Claire: *smiles and hugs into Quil's chest* I know. It's okay.

Quil: -watches the rain and is falls heavily, wondering if Jake and Embry are in the water- Claire, remember when you were playing with the stuff in the boat? Did you leave it in my backpack or take it back out?

Quil: -Lets go of you quickly, taking my backpack off and digging through it-

Quil: -stops digging and reaches for my phone- Hello, hello?

Embry: Bro? I hate to break it to you, but the conditions are no good for us to come get you tonight. You think you can find a spot where you two will be safe for the night?

Jacob: *heads to the closet, tossing items out of it on to the floor looking for my dad's portable weather station to detect the storm path*

Quil: -moans, my head falling back- We found some place to keep dry in, we're safe for the night. Just don’t forget about us in the morning, we want to go home -laughs, tryin’ to lighten the mood a little- I think I'm phasing though… It’ll be safer for claire

Jacob: *heads back to Bry with the weather detector in hand, ready to watch it for the night to gage when the storm will pass*

Embry: Good idea bro. I know some place near where I go in the woods where I can go and stay phased to link up in case something happens.

Jacob: *nods as I listen to the conversation*

Quil: Okay that'd be great. Just make sure I have somebody to talk to, in case sometime bad ends up happening? I'd hate for us to be disconnected, even if it's just for the night

Embry: I'll be phased bro, so we'll be linked up, and close enough so Jake can hear me howl if need be

Claire: *watches the rain fall outside the overhang and smiles thinking it looks neat*

Quil: -nods, panicking as I see rain hit my arm- Sounds good man, we better phase soon

Embry: yeah, I'll head over. Stay safe bro. Hopefully Claire won't worry too much.

Embry: *picks up the notepad and writes a note for mom explaining the situation while holding the phone with my shoulder*

Quil: -looks down towards Claire, swallowing loudly- She's acting all cool and stuff, but I can tell she's freaking out inside. It must be a girl thing, I'll protect her though. I'm not worried at all -glares at the rain, trying to make it go away-

Jacob: Alright man...you go get out into the woods, keep the connection, lemme know if you need anything, i will watch the storms path and if needed phase to let you know what’s goin’ on...

Embry: alright, stay safe bro, Will talk to you later *hangs up, nodding to Jake as he speaks to me*

Quil: -sticks my phone back in my pocket and looks into the backpack again- Claire, you kept them in here! That's great!

Embry: Listen for my howl if there's something bro. I'll head home leave this note to mom before heading there, so she doesn't worry.

Embry: *heads over to the door* you know how to reach me if something new comes up bro.

Jacob: *nods* Alright dude...*turns on the weather station as you head out the door*

Embry: *runs straight home and leaves the note to mom on the kitchen table, before heading back outside*

Claire: *smiles glancing in the backpack* welcome

Quil: So it looks like the storms getting kinda bad, I think Jake and Embry will be leaving soon. We'll just have to wait here until they do! I'm phasing to talk to Embry while they wait, so how about you sleep? -Pulls out the emergency blankets-

Claire: Sleep? *makes a face* I guess so. *takes the blanket*

Embry: *breaking into a run towards the deep woods, I quickly take off my shorts, tying'em to my ankle and phase, heading to my shelter to keep link with Quil*

Views: 8

Administrators

Your site Administrators:

Carlisle Cullen MD

Carmen Denali

- Esme Cullen

Alice Cullen

If you have any questions, or if you'd like to report a rule violation, please contact an Admin by clicking on their name and sending them an email.

Discussion Forum

Site Basics

New to the site? Please start here! Rules and important starting out information.

6 discussions

Games

Games - Just for Fun!

4 discussions

Get Involved

Itching to act or have a great idea for a storyline? Share with us here.

1 discussions

© 2024   Created by Carlisle Cullen MD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service